Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, January 31, 2005

HMCS Chicoutimi Update

Here's an update on HMCS Chicoutimi, the Canadian submarine that suffered the at-sea fire last October. She's expected to arrive in Halifax, carried by a Norwegian sealift vessel, on Tuesday. Another story, with picture, can be found here. My discussions of the fire and the aftermath can be found in my October archives.

While you're here, check out A.E. Brain, an outstanding blog from Down Under. Scrolling down, you'll see his take on the San Francisco grounding, or you can click here and here.

Bell-ringer 2145 31 Jan: In the comments, Ninme mentions the West Edmonton Mall submarine fleet. Here's a picture of them. And here's another.

Update 0822 01 Feb: Here's an update showing the sub entering Halifax harbor.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bubblehead said...

I haven't been to the Edmonton mall (my trips to Canada outside of Winnipeg have been port visits to Victoria) but I've heard that they have essentially everything there. Submarines are a new one, though... I guess they really do have everything!

1/31/2005 9:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home