Keeping the blogosphere posted on the goings on of the world of submarines since late 2004... and mocking and belittling general foolishness wherever it may be found. Idaho's first and foremost submarine blog. (If you don't like something on this blog, please E-mail me; don't call me at home.)

Monday, January 31, 2005

Bubblehead Answers Your Questions!

I've gotten a few questions, mostly by E-mail, since I started sub-blogging, and a few have shown up more than once. Here's a sampling:

Q1. Who are you? Do I know you?
A1. If you're a submariner who spent much time in Groton, Conn., or San Diego over the last 15 years, chances are we've run across each other. I was the initial manning Engineer on the last two Seawolf class boats, which kind of narrows down who I am. I'm not really sure why I don't put my name on the blog; I post under my own name over at Ron Martini's Submarine BBS, and link to this blog from it, so it's not that big a deal if you find out who I am. I mainly just wanted a cool name to post in other blogger's comments sections. If you still want to find out more about me, you can E-mail me at: subhusker funny symbol yahoo dot com. Or, if you do know me, and I haven't been keeping in touch, I'd love to hear from you. (Especially if you're the XO on USS LaJolla, unless you've just taken the job.)

Q2. You're not going to put what I told you in your blog, are you?
A2. No, I won't. I'm glad to know it, and thank you for sending it, but I don't put anything on this blog that's not available elsewhere on the Internet. As far as having it be "verified" by appearing here -- well, for all you know I'm a 13 year old kid with a submarine fetish.

Q3. Do you know the words to The Submarine Song? You know, the one that starts "Submarines once, submarines twice..."
A3. Yes, I do know the words, including both versions of the second verse. No, I will not put it on this blog. Some submarine secrets are so sacred that we can't run the risk of letting them out to the general public. Now, if you are a submariner who's forgotten the words, and would like me to send them to you, just drop me a note at the address in A1 above, along with your sub qual history and enough submarine-specific jargon to let me know you're the real thing. Indicate if you want me to include the second verse. (Warning: The second verse of the Submarine song is obscene, disgusting, and disturbing on so many levels.) Fair warning to Googlers: This is not the Submarine Song. Neither is this, although it's actually pretty good.

Q4. Did doing that post remind you of another, non-submarine related military song you used to sing?
A4. (OK, we may have finished with the E-mail questions.) Yes, it did. When I was at OCS (I did 6 years enlisted before becoming an officer) the members of my company sang the "Road Guard Song". It's a Jodie -- a marching song done in a "call and repeat" format. Whenever the company marched around the base, you had to send "Road Guards" (guys or gals from your company) with the dorky reflective vests on up ahead to stand in front of oncoming traffic when you marched through an intersection. They were also known as Speed Bumps. Here are the words, as best as I can remember them.
"Road guards in and road guards out...
Road guards runnin' all about...
If I had a low IQ...
I could be a Road Guard too...
If I had one lower than that...
I could be in Second Batt... (Batt = Battalion, 2nd Batt was our battalion's main rival in athletic events)
Road Guards, Road Guards, don't be blue...
______ can be road guards too" (Fill in blank with name of whatever unit you're marching towards.)
Okay... it was funny if you were there.

Wait... another question just came in by E-mail; let's check it out...
Q5. Would you like a larger penis in only 7 days?

Emergency deep!!!

Update 0729 01 Feb: No, this little ditty, sung to the tune of "The Green Berets", isn't the Submarine Song either:
"Silver Dolphins on their chest,
These are men, America's best;
One hundred men, she'll have today,
But only three, the normal way."

7 Comments:

Blogger Bubblehead said...

Ninme, I'm sorry; even though you're my favorite blogress (apart from Subbasket, of course), the sacred bonds of brotherhood that protect the secrecy of the Submarine Song are too strong. Trust me, though, it's really, really disturbing -- just like many submariners themselves are...

2/01/2005 1:44 PM

 
Blogger bothenook said...

submarines once, submarines twice, holy... guess i better stop there before yon bubblehead raps me along side the head with a GDU weight.

2/01/2005 3:11 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Whack! Bo, you know the rules!

2/01/2005 3:12 PM

 
Blogger Bubblehead said...

Brad: It's subhusker - at - yahoo.com

2/07/2005 9:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the hallowed halls of the “Whinny and Moo” to the gutter outside the “Ballast Pub”, the verses of the “Submarine Song” has been sung, bellowed and worshiped by those who have shared the Brotherhood of the Dolphin. Every vent stepping, air breathing, CO2 producing, potable water using, sanitary filling non-qual dink puke would know the words. Anybody not so enshrined, does not need to know them and would not understand the significance of the camaraderie shared in this little ditty. Keep it secret and let them wonder.

That Damn Good Looking Aganger From Iowa

2/15/2005 2:28 PM

 
Blogger stigart said...

alright so i know the words to the first verse of the submarine song and have heard the words to the second but cant remember what they are... i heard it from my senior down in the machinery room first deployment off the Augusta 05 out of groton we decomed it 09 here in norfolk my email is sseth83@gmail.com if anyone has just the second verse thats all i need thanks, A-Gang for life.

1/21/2010 6:23 AM

 
Anonymous luxury villas byron bay said...

Good job with the whole post. Thank you so much for the post.

8/12/2013 9:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home